Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Kindergarten Crayons: I Can, You Can, We All Can...

Up late and reading Kindergarten blogs! I have recently started reading Fran Kramer's Kindergarten Crayons and she is SO excellent! I can't stop reading! As a brand new kindergarten teacher I am thankful for experienced teachers like Fran who are so happy to share their vast knowledge and ideas with us. All of the posts on this blog are fantastic and so helpful, but this was one I wanted to remember and share. During a book discussion of Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations, Fran shared this post about creating anchor charts at each work station in order to make the expectations simple for students to understand. I think so often we forget how important this is in all aspects of the day! Make expectations clear with "I can's" and surely children will learn more and take away more from the activity!

Kindergarten Crayons: I Can, You Can, We All Can...

2 comments:

  1. Why didn't you tell me that you mentioned me in a post. Now I love you more than applesauce. (yes I say corny stuff like this all day)You are such a sweetie and let me know how I can support you. Jave a wonderful year with your class. Rock it out and be the best you can...
    Love, Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment!! I was in shock! :) I will be reading KindergartenCrayons frequently this year for advice, ideas, and resources. Thank you for being so great and sharing your wonderful ideas with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete