Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hi blogging friends! I apologize, I haven't posted anything in a while. I have been crazy getting ready to go back to school! What I have been working on lately has been laying out a solid classroom routine. Since this will be my first year in the classroom (and my first year coming up with my OWN classroom procedures and routines), I was excited about this. Prior to this year, I have been a substitute for 3 YEARS! The only good thing about that is that I have had the opportunity to observe(and try) hundreds of set-ups. I've seen what works, what doesn't work, what I hate, what I LOVE, and what I'd like to try in my own class! Based on all this (and per the advice of Jody of the ClutterFreeClassroom Blog...Thanks!) I have laid out a manual for my classroom (I know what you're thinking...a little OCD...don't lie I know you're OCD too). But seriously, I could not agree more with Jody's advice that a classroom with a consistent, planned, and practiced routine makes your life so much easier. Even more importantly than that...it creates a learning environment with minimum distractions for your little honey bees. In a class where children have a consistent and clear set of routines, the class basically runs itself! I know first hand by seeing many classrooms WITH a great routine (and many with little consistency). Of course, the best time to establish a consistent routine is the first day of school! So get over to Clutterfreeclassroom.blogspot.com and get some inspiration! :)


Clutter-Free Classroom: PLAN OUT EVERY PROCEDURE & ROUTINE {Teacher Tip #6...

No comments:

Post a Comment